November 11: 3 albums you would take in a deserted island
This one is really difficult. I love music, and there are so many albums and artists that have changed my life, and without whom I would be all kinds of sad. How could I possibly choose just three albums?! I mean, can they be mix tapes?!
Ok – so really, what this comes down to is choosing three artists, and then choosing one album each. Right? Simple, yeah? Still, not really.
After much hemming and hawing, I decided I was just going to go ahead and break the rules. =X
I made this list a few years ago, the 15 albums that changed my life, and it’s still really accurate.
1. Hanson – Middle of Nowhere
2. Rancid – …And Out Come the Wolves
3. No Doubt- Tragic Kingdom
4. Nirvana- Nevermind
5. The Eagles- Greatest Hits
6. Tommy Makem & Liam Clancy – The Makem & Clancy Collection
7. Simon & Garfunkel – The Concert in Central Park
8. Joan Baez- Classics Vol. 8
9. Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
10. The Rolling Stones- Hot Rocks
11. Brandi Carlile-Acoustic
12. Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin III
13. Metallica- The Black Album
14. Ani DiFranco- Little Plastic Castle
15. Fleetwood Mac- Rumors
Each one of these albums made a huge impact on my life at some point – some have made that impact multiple ways at different times. I guess, if I had to bring just three – I’d probably throw them all into a bag and then grab three and hope for the best.